You will be responsible for the automation and start-up of the installed storage, transportation and dosing systems at customers spread throughout Europe. You will prepare the projects in Nazareth: configuration, programming project-specific functions and processes and testing your software. On location at the customer, you will load the programme, perform calibration work, fine tune the software and provide training for the users. On average, you will be travelling 30% of your time and spend 70% indoors preparing your projects. A project start-up takes an average of one week and you will also be supported in the start-up by the Mechanical Engineer.
In your role as Automation Engineer, you must take account of budget control, respect for delivery dates, implementing efficiency improvements, quality follow-up and customer satisfaction.
You will provide assistance on the level of after-sales service, tele-support in your field of knowledge, ‘automation’, and once every six weeks will provide service monitoring for customers by day, followed by service monitoring after working hours in the same week.
You will work closely with colleagues from the Engineering Department, where you may play a role in fundamental developments at Spiromatic in due course. You will report to the Project & Technical Director.
- You hold a technical Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Electromechanics, Automation or related subjects.
- You are a person who enjoys travelling regularly in Europe.
- You will preferably have initial relevant experience in PLC programming, batch applications or visualisation systems. You have a strong affinity with object-oriented programming and continually think in terms of standardisation.
- You enjoy working in teams as well as working independently and you can express yourself well in Dutch, English and French.
- You like to work with a customer-orientation, have an analytical nature and a strong sense of initiative. Through your creativity and flexibility, you are open to innovation and improvement.
What we offer
You will have an opportunity to help expand the department with your knowledge, in an SME with an excellent reputation. Spiromatic devotes a great deal of attention to personal development.
You will work in a family environment where you can initially rely on the know-how and years of experience of your enthusiastic colleagues.
You will receive a competitive salary package plus various benefits in excess of the statutory minimum. Spiromatic is very accessible and is a growing company with an international clientele.
Mail your CV and motivation with the mention of your interest in any specific position(s) firstname.lastname@example.org