The construction of the new production line took longer than foreseen, but Spiromatic proved to be a very flexible partner and changed its planning and installed the silos in an extremely short time span in order to meet the very stringent start-up deadline.
expansion plans included an overhaul of the processing installations and the
construction of an optical cleaning plant and sixteen storage silos. For the
design and construction of the latter, Zoutman turned to Spiromatic, with whom
they had worked before and who had proven to be a reliable partner.
Given the growing demand for high-quality sea salt and moreover, of different grain sizes, Zoutman realized it had to upgrade its manufacturing process and storage capacity. However, this was a huge project and given the fact that speed and flexibility are of paramount importance, Zoutman required that the new production line would be up and running as soon as possible.
Another key factor to reckon with was the physical properties of the ingredients in the silos: salt needs to remain dry at all times, in order to avoid clumping.
- Spiromatic suggested to install 16 large-volume (180 m3) composite silos, made of high-quality polyester resins and fiberglass. Composite silos are extremely strong and the surfaces are non-corrosive and non-porous, making them ideal for storing salt.
- The silos have a seamless, smooth and hygienic inner wall, ideal for storage of nutrients.
- The unique cone design of the silo ensures a smooth FIFO flow.
- The 16 silos can store salt of different grain sizes, each for different purposes.
- Thanks to the installation of the 16 silos, a limited stock of salt with different grain sizes now belongs to the past. Zoutman can meet customers’ demands better and quicker than before.
- Thanks to the large-volume silos, production and storage are now running more efficiently.