For the automatic accurate dosing of liquids in recipes the selection of the appropriate pump technology is essential, combined with the correct piping diameters and lengths. Depending on the specific application Spiromatic integrates speed pumps or positive displacement pumps of the highest quality in its solutions.
Speed pumps are often referred to as centrifugal pumps and have a flow rate that is entirely related to the pressure at the outlet of the of the pump.
When do we use speed pumps?
- As a filling pump or circulation pump
- For products with a low viscocity like liquid yeast, liquied egg, brine, water, etc
- As circulation pump for CIP systems
- Speed pumps are relatively low cost
- Speed pumps are easily cleanable and therefore more hygienic
Positive displacement pumps come in many different variants and the selection is mainly related to the application as well as the investment approach. We integrated progressive cavity pumps, lobe pumps and twin screw pumps in our overall solutions, always engineered within a completely adapted piping set up.
When do we use positive displacement pumps?
- As dosing pump
- For products with low AND high viscosity
- For liquid doughs (twin screw pumps for minimal shear on the dough)
- High dosing accuracy
- Dosing possible for high viscous products including liquid doughs.